"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." - Psalm 139:13-16 (NIV)


Tuesday, August 21, 2012

“I’m a BIG kid now”.  
This is a statement I keep hearing from my M&M’s.
The First Day of Kindergarten……….was a Rough Day, but not so much for the twins…..They LOVED it!
Last week was the twins first day of school. They are officially Kindergartner’s now. I’ll post a picture so you can see how adorable my babies were on the first day of school. J Every thing about this is new. New school, New teacher, New Neighborhood, New Friends, New EVERYTHING! So, I was really really REALLY nervous........for multiple reasons.They were so excited and couldn’t wait to go.
Of course my buddy had a few kids ask about his hand. His teacher later informed me that he was great about answering questions. She said the questions didn’t seem to bother him and he simply explained……”I was born this way”……and basically that was enough. Apparently there was a little girl who was just simply having a hard time overall…….a rough day…….as the teacher put it. I can only imagine what this little one’s day was like…….new school, big kids around, mommy and daddy not there with her, so yeah……I understand she may have been having a rough day. Well anyway, the precious little girl, cried all day off and on from what I understand, and at the very end of the day…..that’s when it happened…….they were in PE class and something set her off. She cried, snatched away from the teachers and screamed. The story from two five year old’s points of view can be a little confusing. But, The main teacher, the PE teacher and the counselor had to try to help her. My little boy quietly walked up to his teacher after the fact and asked if his classmate was upset because of his hand……….the teacher reassured him that she was just having a rough day and was probably tired. He accepted this answer and so did I, but I wonder if in the back of his mind he has the same thoughts as me……did this make her rough day, even rougher.  Too many NEW things at one time can make us all a little uncomfortable. Poor little girl………I can’t help but be sympathetic because I’m a mom and I’ve seen her, she’s a tiny little innocent child……..but at the same time………my little guy tugs at my heart strings……….he wanted to know if he was the cause of her having rough day. I reassured him, then reassured him again, and reassured him some more when we were at home. He got tired of talking about it.
With this incident aside……….everything went well and my babies love their new school, their new teacher and their new friends. They’re “BIG” kids now. You gotta love it!

No comments: